Thursday, June 4, 2015

Why I love languages

One of the profile questions on OKCupid is:

If you had to name your greatest motivation in life thus far, what would it be?

  •  
  •  
  •  

What's your answer? Mine, without a doubt, is knowledge.

As I was watching this video, I came to a realization:


Minds like mine - minds that love knowledge - are drawn to mysteries.

When I watch a video of someone speaking a language I have absolutely no exposure to, I see something which makes absolutely no sense to me and yet is meaningful for both the speaker and his audience. I feel compelled to learn more so that I can know what he is saying.

Chinese has always particularly fascinated me because it is such a mystery.

2 comments:

  1. ISIS is a big power existing among us and we are completely oblivious of it. They are corrupting young minds and indirectly forcing them to join their umbrella.

    ReplyDelete